Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Keeping Busy.......Both Mind and Body

Saturday was a lovely day here in Central New York. So, I took Matthew to New Hartford for his league at Gander Mountain and decided to do some shopping of my own while he was busy.


So off I went to the fabric store. This may seem silly to some of you, to be excited about going to the fabric store, but they closed our local store. So now it is a trip for us to get anything that we might need for a project. And since there are babys being born left and right around here in my little world, I need supplies for baby gifts.
Unfortunately, the parking lot at the fabric store hadn't caught up to the nice weather yet. I managed to slip on the ice and fall. After a call to my surgeon, prompted by my husband, I was given the order to go back on anti-inflammatorys and take it easy for the week.
This is my way of taking it easy.

First, I pieced 56 Flying Geese blocks and layed them out into two different quilt tops. All I have left to do with them is put setting strips in and borders on.

Then I pieced six airplane blocks and six propeller blocks. I like quilts with boy themes.

This one needs borders and I think I am going to use jumbo rick rack around the quilt itself before the border, in a royal blue. That will be a good one for a little boy.

Next thing is an applique quilt with snowmen on the top alternating with nine patch blocks. When that one is together I will post pictures of it. As long as I have to sit I might as well be productive.

1 comment:

Joannof10 said...

Those are just beautiful!!! I am so sorry about your back, I will keep you in my prayers.