Monday, March 10, 2008

I Have A 24 Year-Old Son!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR IAN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 years ago today God blessed my husband and I with a beautiful son in answer to our prayers.


Now, every parent will say that their child is perfect in every way, but this son truly is. From the first moment of his birth he has been a great blessing to this family.


Aside from the usual things that a parent enjoys with great relief, 10 fingers, 10 toes, perfectly formed little boy body, this boy was perfect in other ways. He slept through the night from the moment of his birth. He has always been healthy and a good eater. A better natured child you cannot find.

Doug and I have joked that when he was little I could sit him down in the middle of a room with his toys, go clean the house, and come back later to find him still sitting there happily playing still. At 18 months he was potty trained. One day he decided that he no longer wanted to wear a diaper. When he was challenged to stay dry he did and that was the end of diapers for this boy.
Not only is Ian happy and of a good disposition but he is kind and considerate to all. He is loving and devoted to his family.

He is loyal to God and to his country, serving two tours in Iraq during his stint in the United States Army.




Why do I write this tribute? Because I love my son. Because his father and I are proud of him and of the man that he is becoming. Because we want to share him with the whole world.
You are a blessing to us and to all who meet you, Ian. God bless you and stay with you for the rest of your life. Love Mom and Dad









1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa H. said...

Hope you had a great birthday, Ian. God bless you always.