Squelly at The Dreamer's Day is passing along this interview meme. Lisa at arewethereyet-davisfarmmom graciously sent along these five interview questions for me to answer.
Here are the rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "interview me".
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. you will include this explanation and an offfer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Here are Lisa's questions and my answers:
1. If you could ask FIVE QUESTIONS to any saint who would you choose and what questions would you ask?
The saint is easy but the questions are difficult. I most definitely want to sit and have a good talk with St. Augustine. He has always been my favorite saint. When I was young I really identified with his phrase "Lord make me a saint, but not now, later." Question 1. How to deepen my prayer life and make my time with God better. 2. I would ask him to pray for me and for my family that we stay on track and gain salvation. 3. I would ask him to help me with understanding the catechism better and more fully so that I can better teach my kids in religion class. 4. I would ask him to explain to me how best to serve Our Lord. 5. I would ask him to help me to more worthily receive Holy Communion so that each opportunity is more of a way to praise God.
2. What has been the single happiest moment of your llife so far?
I have actually had 7 happiest moments in my life. When each of my children were born. The feeling was beyond description.
3. What do you consider to be you best skill?
I would have to say organization. I am an extremely organized person. So much so that I drive people like my husband to distraction because he is very disorganized.
4. If you could change one thing about the place you live, what would you choose?
I think that the only thing I would change about living in Vernon, New York is the cost of living in New York. The countryside is some of the most beautiful that God has ever made. I love the seasons. (the cold and snow bother me but I couldn't do without them) We have spectacular sunsets and a great growing season. The only thing wrong with this area is the cost of living here.
5. If you had unlimited budget and two free weeks, where would you most like to go on a vacation?
This is the most difficult question of all. I am not a vacation person. My dream, though, has always been to drive up the AlCan highway into Alaska. I think that God outdid himself when he created mountains and tall trees and that is what speaks to my soul the most. I would like to see mountains and forests of tall trees. I would like to see Alaska too.