Friday, July 20, 2007

The Heart of a Mother

All of my distant sons called today. Each one with his own joys and sorrows. Each with his "good news and bad news." Will a mother ever get used to hearing what a son has to say when he is so far away from home? Do they know how you want to be there to kiss it and make it all better like you could when they were little? I hope that the words that you say and the tone of voice you use does something to convey the love and sympathy that you feel for their fears, which they won't share with you, and sorrows, which you can only sense.
Ryan feels bored by the inactivity that the army often forces on him and frustrated by what he feels he needs and wants to do for his men which he is often unable to do because of circumstances beyond his control. I assure him that he is in my prayers and that his are very important at times like these. I hope he can feel the effects of those prayers.
Adam had to tell us that he may be in Iraq for 6 months soon. I felt his hesitation at having to worry me that way. I guess that I will have to double my prayers (is that possible for a mother to do?). To any and all who may read this even if you don't let me know who you are, please pray for my sons. Their souls are of paramount importance to me. More than my own life.

Ian is at his two week drill for the Army National Guard. He says he is having a lot of fun. I am on edge everytime he goes for fear he will call and say he has to go back over there. I know we can't live their lives for them but that doesn't mean that we have to like the lives that they are living. I had to raise such brave and giving men.

The Lord bless and keep all three of them. May He make his face to shine upon them and give them peace. I love you boys and am very proud of you. Mom

No comments: