Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

On my birthday my daughter surprised me with these beautiful roses. They were so nice that they lasted from my birthday on the 17th until just yesterday.

I also had another unexpected birthday present. The day before my birthday I was doing laundry and the dryer made and awful noise and then stopped working. Diagnosis: the motor siezed up. We were told that it is more cost effective to buy a new dryer.
So the next day Doug sent me out to buy a new dryer. He said that I could decide what to get just don't spend too much money. Matthew and Mary-Kate were both excited about the prospect but as anyone who has gone shopping for a big ticket item knows I was not excited. But I managed to find this dryed on sale at Lowes. They delivered it and installed it the next day. It is large enough to dry my king size comforter with plenty of room to spare.
So, Happy Birthday to me!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Joannof10 said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Anne!!
I am glad you had a good one!

Lisa said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! What a great gift, too! While you might not come up with it as the answer to the question: "What do you want for your birthday?" ~ every mom out here understands the satisfaction of getting good appliances! I'm asking for a new refrigerator for St. Valentine's Day! <3

Grandma and Grandpa H. said...

Dear Anne,
Happy belated birthday to you!!!!!

joannaB73 said...

American dryers are so big!

joannaB73 said...

The pictures of your mom are lovely. That reminds me I need to write mine a letter!

Joannof10 said...

Anne, I tagged you for a meme. The directions are on my site
http://tenkidsandadog.blogspot.com/2008/02/meme.html