Monday, September 22, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook Monday 22 September 2008

Don't forget to stop by The Simple Woman for all the links entered in this weeks Simple Woman's Daybook.


Outside my window..... it is cool and misty and the temperature is only 53. No laundry is getting hung out today.


I am thinking..... about my SIL who just had surgery. I have been praying for her and my brother a lot lately. May God grant them the strength to weather whatever comes along.


From the schoolroom...... all is silence as Matthew and Brett take their biology test. Then there won't be much schooling going on as Matthew has to work Wed. through Sunday this week. Good time for me to get some much needed sewing done.


I am thankful for..... a hardworking husband and children. We managed to get a lot of work done this past weekend in preparation for the coming months of cold weather. It is important that we do this together so that we remember that it is for all of us that we are doing it, not just mom and dad.


From the kitchen...... sausage, peppers and onions for supper. I need to use up the last of the peppers and tomatoes from the garden. I also need to do a baking of bread.


I am creating..... a peaceful and loving home where all who enter feel welcome. (I hope!!!)


I'm going..... nowhere today, I hope. It is a good day to stay home and doing inside things.


I'm wearing...... jeans, a pink tee-shirt and a green sweatshirt jacket


I am reading..... school related stuff. Have to keep up with Matthew in English literature and biology


I am hoping...... to get my sewing comissions done this week since I got a call about some more. I also want to get some apples to make some pies to freeze and some applesauce.


Around the house..... the sound of the washer doing it's job, the smell of freshly mopped floors.


One of my favorite things.... the sights, sounds, and smells of this season


A few plans for the rest of the week..... pick the last of the grapes and get them pressed so I can start a new batch of wine, cut the hops back so they can go into dormancy, buy bushels and bushels of apples for my family's apple eating pleasure, get the sewing done and the new projects started.


A picture thought that I am sharing with you.....



My favorite sight in the world. Three of the men in my life working together. I like to hear their deep voices and see the funny things that they do when they work.



No comments: