Sunday, June 17, 2007

Counting My Blessings

During the middle of haying season on a farm the last thing a farmers wife expects to hear is "honey what do you want me to do for you today?" But that is exactly what I heard from my wonderful husband yesterday. (and it wasn't even my birthday, our anniversary, mother's day or any other day like that). So I did what any red-blooded American wife would do, I made a list.
After breakfast we got to work. He is the most wonderful man on earth, and not because we got all that done but because he noticed that it needed doing and was willing to take the time during haying, the busiest time of the year, to do it.


So, the pigs all have clean pens and the barn has hay stacked in it for a good long time and I don't have to haul it for awhile. Matthew took down the canvas in the back and it is much cooler in their.

The deck got cleaned up and the umbrellas got fixed and the flags got hung up and now it looks like we can use it for summer instead of looking like we still need to move in.

Most of the garden got mulched and he says we will finish it this week. (I plan to have lettuce sandwiches soon!!!!!!!!!!!!yum) The blades got sharpened on the lawn mower so I don't have to go over the same places twice to get the lawn done. The scrap iron container got tipped up again so Mary-Kate and I can fill it again. (It's too heavy for us to tip up)

My pool water went from this green (above) to almost clear (below). We should be using it by Tuesday.
We also managed to get 15 bales of hay made (round bales) and 5 loads of laundry done. What ever did I do to deserve a man like that?


























No comments: